The National Kidney Foundation's Kidney Cars Program is a charitable contribution opportunity that enables you to turn in your used car, van, truck or even boat and very likely receive two benefits you won't get from a regular dealer trade-in. You'll get a good feeling— the kind you experience when you helps those in need — and you may even get a tax-deduction.
Your vehicles will pump dollars into NKF's initiatives in awareness, prevention and treatment as we lead the fight against kidney disease. With the increase in diabetes and high blood pressure—the two major risk factors—chronic kidney disease is rising as well. The NKF is working to reach the 1 in 3 American adults at risk with important prevention messages before it's too late. Your contribution has never been more critical. No wonder thousands of Americans put the pedal to the metal each year and accelerate their charitable giving by donating to Kidney Cars.
- Chronic kidney disease affects 26 million Americans
- 1 in 3 American adults, or 74 million are at risk
- Risk factors include high blood pressure, diabetes and family history of these conditions and kidney disease
- Early detection can slow the progression of kidney disease
- Once kidneys fail, patients need dialysis or a transplant to survive
- 92,000 people in the U.S. are waiting for a kidney transplant